We Need You!
Alive needs adult and teen volunteers to mentor, tutor, and hang out with our teens after school, and help out with events. Alive also has exciting opportunities for teens to further develop their leadership and professional skills via internships and positions on our Student Advisory Board.
Teens receive service hours for all time spent volunteering at Alive, and you make a difference in a younger teen’s life.
Drop In Hours Volunteer
Time Commitment: 3 hours per shift (shifts are Mon-Fri from 3-6pm; Summers 1-4pm)
- Greet teens and assist with registration process
- Engage teens through conversations, games, and planned activities
- Provide tutoring and academic support
- Be a positive role model/mentor for teens
- Assist in set-up and cleanup of the facility
- Sign up for as many or as little shifts as you would like
Teen Initiate Mentor
Time Commitment: 1-2 hours a week
- Assigned to a Teen Initiate Program and the program teen lead(s), e.g. Computer Science Club, Girl Empowerment Club, etc.
- Assist the teen lead(s) in planning their program, class, campaign, including measurable outcome
- Provide industry support to teen lead(s) as applicable
- Meet with the teen monthly to review progress and provide support
Charitable Service | Events | Fundraising
Charitable Service | High School Events | Junior High Events | Diversity | Fundraising
Alive offers non-paid internships to all ages, including high schoolers.
Key areas for internships are marketing, graphic design, art room coordination, fundraising, mentoring, IT and social media.
Student Advisory Board
Teen opinions, passions, and needs are essential to the Alive Center and the Student Advisory Board is the foundation and heart of everything we do with our teen program. We are looking for individuals with strong compassion for their peers and their community.
Each April we select new high school teens to join our student board. Look for the new application to come in February.
Volunteer Application Process
To become a volunteer, please follow these steps:
- Phase 1: Complete an online application to be an adult or teen volunteer.
- Phase 2: Meet with a staff member for interview, mandatory background check (adults), and training.
- Phase 3: Volunteer!